New features introduced with release 10:
- With the latest release of ASPAN have been introduced a series of improvements of the current working tools. As main improvement of the release, has been added a new optional module “Quote” which allows to create quotations for the Nesting. Quote is a module that not necessarily needs the Nesting optional module, but can be used also from the Supervisor environment of ASPAN.
- In the CAD environment the command “Series” has been made similar, in the graphical aspect and in the functionality, to the other drawing commands of ASPAN.
- Regarding the drawing commands, for example the routing command, and also others, have been added the possibility to connect the starting and end depth, so that the modification of the starting depth affects also the end depth. On the left of the start/end depth fields there is now an icon, representing a chain, if it is closed, the two depths are identical , if it is opened it is possible to change independently the two depths.
- Another new feature introduced is the copy command, multiple move, that is, once an object is selected, you can copy or move several times without leaving the command, this way will not be necessary to have to start the command more times.
- Also the procedure to import and export DXF files has been improved. In fact, concerning the import has been improved the acquisition of SPLINE entities, while for the export has been added the possibility to export the polyline entities and depth in a Z. In advanced properties of the command there is the option to select, via a chekbox, the ability to export polylines, the depth Z, or both.
- Another feature introduced is the macro “Info point”, inside the CAD environment of ASPAN which allows to get information on any point of routing pattern.
- In the CAM environment, has been introduced the management of the tool radius compensation for machines that do not have such functionality. In this case it will be ASPAN that will automatically manage this functionality.
- ASPAN allows to use a tool with diameter minor than the thickness of the routing to realize, to create that machining, the tool will pass more times until reach the thickness defined.
NEW USER INTERFACE:
- improved user interface in order to semplify and make faster your job in ASPAN;
- new icons and new enviroments graphic;
- added a second toolbar both in CAD and CAM environments;
- possibility to configure the toolbars;
- added new tools for LAYERS management (menu and toolbar);
- added the possibility to zoom the drawings with the mouse weel;
- added two new keyboard shortcuts for Undo e Redo functions (Ctrl+Z - Ctrl+Y);
- introduced a color editor;
- added the possibility to specify the color for each entity in the drowing;
- possibility to customize the color of each entity drawn in a LAYER;
- introduced the possibility to add layers in order to semplify the management of the entities in the drawings;
- with LAYERS is possible to customize entities in their STANDARD properties (color, visibility, printable, etc.), in their CAD properties (diameter, depth, etc.) and olso in their CAM properties (tool, work speed, etc.);
- possibility to generate more part-programs starting from one single drawing, simply checking the lavoration property of a single LAYER;
- possibility automatically assign tools only for those LAYERS in which the relative property is checked;
- possibility to move entities between LAYERS;
- possibility to access and modify LAYERS preferences in all the ASPAN environments (SUPERVISOR, CAD, CAM);
- added a new AutoCAD link, realized in collaboration with AutoDesk, avaible for AutoCAD version newer than AutoCAD rel. 2002, included new AutoCAD rel. 2008;
(N.B.: NO AutoCAD LT)
- the new AutoCAD link adds a new menu and a new toolbar directly inside AutoCAD, dedicated to ASPAN functions, which allows the user to create ASPAN entities (holes, routings, etc.) directly inside AutoCAD and olso to apply CAM data (tool number, working speed, priority, etc.) to every entity drawn in AutoCAD. This will semplify and accelerate the creation of the part-program inside ASPAN starting from an AutoCAD drawing.
IMPROVED DXF FILE IMPORT PROCEDURE:
- import LAYERS from DXF files
- introduced a new DXF import processor that, with a semplified interface, let the user specify CAD and CAM data for each layer imported;
- possibility to import DXF files generated by the program KDCw;
IMPROVED ASC FILE IMPORT PROCEDURE:
- added new commands that allows the user to manage TEXT, SPLINE and LAYERS inside the ASC import procedure;
IMPROVED THE MACRO SYSTEM
- created a MACRO REGISTRATOR that automatically create an ASPAN macro starting from an user drawing;
- improved the ~SETTOOL command that allows the user to set CAM data properties (tool number, working speed, priority, etc.);
- added new ~SETDEPTH and ~SETDIAMETER commands;
- added new ~ELLIPSE command for ellipses creation;
- improved tools management;
- added new three-dimensional simulation of the machining ;
- panel and the tool displayed in 3D while performing the machining;
IMPROVED POCKET CREATION:
- faster creation of pockets;
- added the possibility to set the edge distance and to set the "offset finish mode";
NEW NESTING FUNCTIONS:
- added the possibility to import DXF and ASC files as free drawings (only the drawing without the panel);
- automatic computation of the lead-in point in the cutting route;
IMPROVED THE CABINET MODULE:
- added the possibility to customize part rotation;
- various improvements in data management and reports creation;
WINDOWS VISTA READY:
- ASPAN 10 is fully compatible with the new Microsoft operative system Windows Vista;